About This Business
Welcome to Aurora Village Physical Therapy - a manual therapy, "hands on", based treatment clinic. We are a small, privately owned practice that has been serving the South Snohomish/North King County area for more than 30 years, providing quality care for our patients. We treat the entire person with a combination of manual therapies, patient education and exercise tailored to your personal needs. We emphasize continuity of care matching up with your personal therapist who will spend the entire session (30-60 mins) with you. We accept Medicare, and are preferred providers for most major medical insurances.
What makes AVPT different?
- Brian Clute, PT has 25 years of experience and Lorraine Flaherty, PT has 14 years of experience (not to mention she graduated at the top of her class).
- Both Lorraine and Brian live and are involved in the greater Edmonds/Shoreline community.
- We provide individualized treatment plans that take into account many variables including the type of work you do, your age, your gender, your degree of fitness, etc.
- We provide flexible treatment plans that balance evidence based medicine with your needs and our combined years of clinical experience.
- We use "hands on" treatment including manual therapy techniques such as myofascial release, soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilization, and physically guiding you through the exercises. These are used to increase mobility of the joint and surrounding muscles which will make it easier and less painful for you to move. We combine these treatments with home exercise programs and modalities.
- We place a high emphasis on treating our elderly patients with care and respect.
- We treat most orthopedic diagnoses as well as Vestibular Rehabilitation and Dance Medicine which Lorraine has studied and has a keen interest in.
- Our Friendly staff has been here for 20+ years.
- We are conveniently located with plenty of free parking, including disabled parking.
- Our Professional associations/memberships include: American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), APTA orthopedic section, APTA geriatric section, International Association for Dance Medicine and Science, Vestibular Disorders Association.
Hours of Operation
- Dizziness & Balance Problems
- Elbow Pain
- Foot & Ankle Pain
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Wrist & Hand Pain